Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Costume... Audrey Hepburn

Taking a time-out for rangers update... they lost yesterday, by the way... but hopeuflly we'll win friday (it will be played back here...well, in arlington.)

So this year, i started early on halloween costume... eeer let me rephrase that.. i started THINKING early on halloween costume. im really not one who changes their mind a million times before deciding up on one...

if you would have asked me. 3 months ago, i was going to be Lady Gaga. (very out of character for me...) --- when I discovered that it was goign to be a popular choice this year, i decided against it (that, and the fact that it would be alot of work coming up with a costume ... this was before i realized that they have packaged Gaga costumes)

I am not a fan of packaged costumes.. .theres no fun in packeged costumes... i like trying to find the perfect outfit for who i want to be...

continuing on...

if you would have asked me 2 weeks ago what i was going to be..... i would have answered "princess leia.."


I thought i found a good dress ... well it actually was given to me... but anyways... i decided to NOT be her...

I watched "Breakfast at Tiffanys" last week... and decided "im going to be audrey Hepburn for halloween.

I have a black dress (no not perfect for what she has... ) then i got long black gloves, Im not going to spend $20 on a tiara that im going to wear for one night... this is going to be a cheap costume. so yesterday I got some hair combs, and im going to put shiney "jewels" on it..  we will see how it comes out...  I have had a hard time finding a cigarette holder like what she has in the movie, so i got a 29cent  stick from micheals yesterday... my boyfriend is dressing up as Han Solo... and he had to paint his gun... so will be using leftover black paint to paint the stick.
I got some beads... which will do :)

all i lack are some shoes... black High heels.... if nothing else, i can wear some other shoes i've got... (most likely what i'll do, since im trying to save money here.

I know i do not have brown/black hair... so prob wont be exactlly be like her... i may get some of that spray that you spray in your hair, that will wash out... we'll see.

So far i've spent about $20 on the costume... and still need to get some make-up... (stuff that I can use in the future... i think)

so i cant wait....

Maybe ill have some pictures up soon.


only a week and couple of days 'til halloween! wooo!
cant believe how time has flown.

No comments: