Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can I PLEASE say that we are going to the World Series, NOW?

I know i was optomistic about the Rangers going to the world series... and quite frankly I had no idea we would... of course.. but i was just really really hoping we would, just this one time... (and maybe next year too.) I know that there was some negative feeback, that we wouldnt be going, and to basically not be surprised if we dont make it.... but its not like I put all of my energy into that the Rangers MUST win.... no... im not like that... really no one should.. but I know that there are some extreme fans out there... that just would have been so depressed and angry if the rangers did NOT make it this far... of course now everyones expectations are just THAT much higher, im sure many people are thinking we MUST win the World Series now.... but anyways--

needless to say im thrilled that the rangers are going to the world series. :) its soo exciting. The rangers have never been to the world series.
On friday evening, I was talking to my dad in the top half of the 5th inning (i was driving) - dad told me it was 1-1... i was scared that we wouldnt win.. -- For a few moments I thought (no

i ran into my apt really fast to grab something... as i was driving through the complex, many back doors were open and you could see the game going... as i was lockign the door behind me - all of a sudden there was an uproar from the complex... i knew something good had happened.. dad called me as i was going down the stairs, told me its 5-1 now!!! yaaah i couldnt believe it! we were winning.

I went over to a friends house to watch the remainder of the game. i was driving over there, had the game on in the car--- they were saying "everyone is standing up... it looks like Kyle Field" - (talking about how a&m aggies stand during their whole game... the people in the stands..)--- it was really great feeling when i got to the tv and could see that everyone was standing... and how everyone was in red... all you could see was red :) (and speckled with some blue and white.) it was so great seeing everyone having so much pride for their team.
ALCS 6 Yankees Rangers

ALCS 6 Yankees Rangers


The first game of the world series begins wednesday night, against the San Francisco Giants, in San Francisco. -- The first game back in arlington will be on Saturday (which i may have tickets to one of the home games... a BIG maybe)

Ticket prices are now $500 + a ticket... yeah.. i typed that right... $500. we may get tickets for $125 / $175.... but we will have to see.

I think that its just really cool.. this time next week we could be World Series Champs.... or whatever---

just cool to think about... I think we done pretty good. :) if this is as far as we get, i would be ok with that... however how cool would it be if we WIN the world series?? --- pretty cool.

ticket sales for next year would be better.. .rather than the 1/2 empty stadium like it was at the first of this season, since they went to the world series... which would be good.
I think that since they've gotten this far it has given a since of positive unity. :) --- i know... weird... but the majority of the people that i know are rooting for the rangers.

People are cancelling events to just watch the World Series... We are cancelling / rescheduling activities that are normally held at the church on wedndesday evenings... something that like never happens.

anyways... we'll see what happens... :)


Go rangers!

No comments: